All about my inane ideas

Friday, March 27, 2009

So, recently H wrote me a message that made me think that there are two types of people* in this world. She was saying that while clearing out her closet she discovered some items that she had had for the past 15 years and she was chucking them out, in general disbelief that she had had these things for so long. Me, I have things like that, that I've had that long, and longer, and when I use them I am _so_ _thrilled_ to have had them for so long and to not have had to acquire new ones, and I wouldn't DREAM of throwing them** out. I am replete with relief that I have these things that have turned out to be so intransient, bound to me, and durable.

There is a general principle to comment on here, but I think I'll skip writing about it for the time being.

* at least. At least two.

** You understand, it doesn't matter what the "them" is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers