All about my inane ideas

Monday, April 20, 2009

I have been thinking a lot about microexpressions and how biofeedback affects my experience of my own emotions. Most of the time when I smile it's a smile that has an element of detached irony, as if experiencing happiness itself were something mockable, and I can feel the change from a distanced smile to a true smile in my facial muscles*. I wonder what it means** that I am usually detached from my experience in this way. And I wonder if I would be happier if I could train myself to exhibit an unadulterated smile instead of my typical knowing smirk. If I could experience emotion with a little less cognition, a little less as an observer and a little more as an actor.

It's strange because my emotional expression in general is pretty spontaneous. I just spontaneously express detached emotion. Ha.

* I can demonstrate this for You if You ask

** I don't actually wonder what it means

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers