All about my inane ideas

Sunday, May 10, 2009

I have been taking hiphop classes for, like, 3 or 4 years now, on and off. I like my instructor quite a lot, but the way he moves and choreographs is very masculine. There is really no way I can look really GOOD doing his routines, my body isn't built the right way. I don't have the athleticism, I'm too top-heavy, etc. I would consider taking hiphop with a different instructor, but I guess I think it's good for me to [try to] learn things that are unnatural to me. (This is just one of the contexts for this to occur.) I started taking belly dancing in the fall, which was much better for my build, but the teacher was not athletic enough (to say nothing of my classmates! ugh!!).

Reggaeton, though. Reggaeton is the dance for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers