All about my inane ideas

Saturday, June 6, 2009

I forgot to take my magnesium this morning at breakfast and I'm about to go for a run, and my chin just cramped up. So I took my magnesium and am waiting for it to absorb before going out. Maybe I should eat lunch and go in 2 hours, actually, because I'm kind of hungry.

Anyway, what I wanted to discuss today is my running schedule, and how I don't want to share it with my personal trainer (PT). I don't know why, but probably because I don't want him to tell me I'm doing it wrong, because I don't trust him about running. I sent him an email with my general intentions about my athletic endeavours in the coming weeks, mainly so we could agree on good days to meet vis-a-vis my other activities, and he wrote back asking for more details regarding my planned speed intervals. I had a very strong "what's it to You?!" response. I ignored that request by I'm afraid it'll come up, and the basic and most honest response I can give him is that I don't trust him enough to talk to him about it. And then I recalled this conversation I had with one of my friends, who is also seeing this PT, and who said that he wasn't running because he had given his heart to our PT. And now I'm all resistant and, like, I am NOT going to sell my physical soul to this guy. He's supposed to be teaching me how to do a pop-up, not asking about my diet (already explored at length, before my defenses were properly up) or my running.

Or am I just being a bad patient.

I guess I'll have to think about that on my run.

4 comments:

  1. in unrelated news, and I guess you've thought of this yourself, the correct response is to get a different personal trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pop-up is the movement from lying down on a surfboard to standing up on a surfboard. One fast fluid motion. Requires muscles I don't have enough of.

    I'm not one to give up a relationship without a relationship talk, though. So, confrontation here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've decided on the basis of this story that my privacy-seeking is pathological.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers