All about my inane ideas

Thursday, June 18, 2009

So, I basically never argue with anyone these days. I get into discussions, I negotiate, but I never argue. If I disagree, I'm pretty careful to validate the other person's pov so that the interaction ends amicably/respectfully. Except last week, when I was out of my head from lack of sleep, and I got into a right tiff with the Dean of Studies. I bring this up now because I just had to approach him in official business, and since I never argue with people, I was not sure how one ought to behave in the twilight of such an event. I didn't apologize, because I don't think I was in the wrong. Then again, I probably reacted in a way that he wasn't anticipating. So I did a little of indirect explanation of my response. Hhmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. "I didn't apologize for when I was eight and I made my younger brother have to be my personal slave" ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, when I was 8 I didn't have any younger brothers. I collected 'em all later. Anyway, I don't apologize when I don't think I did anything wrong. I also don't think others should. It creates a misrepresentation of reality. But, to be clear, I think I do wrong things all the time, so it's not like I never apologize.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers