All about my inane ideas

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Admissions interviews, Day 3


Q. Why do You want to study psychology?
A. I am interested in emotions, and why people do the things they do, and I want to study these things.
Q. Hhmmmm. These are the kinds of issues that are undertaken also, for example, by philosophers. Why did You choose psychology over philosophy?
A. I think philosophy is more scientific.

Q. You said You have always been interested in psychology. Have You had any experience with psychology in the past? Have You read any books before the one You prepared for today?
A. No.

Q. You said You have always been interested in psychology. Have You had any experience with psychology in the past? Do You know what psychologists do?
A. I read the book for this interview.
Q. Ah. Yes. Good. Any others?
A. No. But I hope I read more books about psychology during my studies.
Q. I hope You do too.

Q. Why do You want to study psychology?
A. Well, my interests are really skupped on the mental life.

Q. Maybe You can tell us why You chose to read "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for A Hat" for the interview?
A. I chose the book because the title sounded least psychological.

Q. Can You tell us the story of Witty Ticky Ray?
A. Ticky? He was the one with.... I'm not sure I remember. What are tickies?
Q. Tics. You know, like this [jerks around for a startlingly long time].

2 comments:

  1. Second-last question is potentially reasonable. As in, if I scanned through a list of comp.sci. books and saw one called "Lobster Lovers" I'd pick it up just to see wtf. I do it, hence it's reasonable, dig?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, of course it's reasonable. It's just funny when put in the context of telling us that You're super interested in psychology and never wanted to study anything else. FUNNY =/= UNREASONABLE.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers