All about my inane ideas

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I was listening to the most recent episode of TAL on my run a few days ago. It was about frenemies. About people who one spends lots of time with but doesn't like, or people whom one considers friends and doesn't like, or people whom one *should* be close to but etc. I don't really have people like that in my life. I get out of relationships that contain any kind of meanness (unidirectional or bidirectional) in a real hurry, actually. It's funny-strange that so many people maintain them.

4 comments:

  1. I guess I don't really have people like that in my life, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do irritating bosses count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, irritating bosses count. Or at least toxic bosses. Or knowingly unapologetically irritating bosses. I am lucky enough to have no reason to stay in that kind of atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man,I was in such a passive- aggressive relationship for eternity. At the time there seemed to be no way of getting out of it. People (like me) maintain them for all sorts of reasons that seem legit at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers