All about my inane ideas

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Three things happened at the gym today.

1. A person whose window is across the street from the gym was visibly naked in her room after exiting her shower, drying her hair. A fellow gym-goer and I exchanged snickers about it from our respective vantage points at adjacent windows. I would have been happy with just the two of us sharing the moment but she told her boyfriend, who came over to look. That, I thought, was inelegant.

2. An 8o-year-old babcia saw me stretching in the change room and gave me advice about stretching my lower back in the mornings. The technique involves rubbing as much of my back as possible with my knuckles.

3. A 6-year-old girl yelped "That lady is naked!" to her 5-year-old brother, pointing at me and giggling! Adorable, but I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to embarrass her by looking at her and smiling broadly, which was my instinct, so I chuckled silently into my gym bag. Her mother was embarrassed enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers