All about my inane ideas

Friday, June 3, 2011

I spent a wonderful few days in NYC last weekend at L&J's wedding. It was truly a warm happy and stressfree occasion. One of the wonderful aspects about it was the emphasis L&J placed on the idea of marriage equality. The first thing the celebrant said was that while NY state allows L&J to be married, it prohibits it for plenty of our friends, and that we hope that will soon change. In lieu of favours, donations were made to a non-profit working for LGBT rights. There were gay couples dancing and, as the night wore on, PDA'ing on the dancefloor*.

Imagine, then, my dismay, upon my return to Warsaw, when I noted a friend of mine, in circumstances I won't detail, creating most unnatural constructions to avoid indicating to others that his life partner is a man. Goddamn.


* I fear this was due to a precedent I myself took part in setting, so, You know. Don't hate.

1 comment:

  1. The precedent was set in PDA'ing in general, or in same-sex PDA'ing specifically? Need moar deets!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers