All about my inane ideas

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

After a day of walking around Kiev, a few thoughts.

1. Warsaw is to Łódź as Kiev is to Lwów. I spent the whole day moving to different areas of town (of course, only in the center) and didn't see one rudera. Even the sidewalks are even! This city has money.

2. The only real problem, and it was a problem for me, because for most of the day I was lugging my baggage around, is the relative lack of benches.

3. There is a lot of man-made noise in this city.

4. Dear Awkward Breakdancers on Khreshchatyk St., I'm sure You would have been impressive in the pre-internet era.

5. A pack of wild dogs running through the park?! Seriously?!!! SO RUSSIA!!

6. Tsar Nicholas II, in response to student protests, had the main university building painted blood red. D'You think it was so that the stains wouldn't show...?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers