All about my inane ideas

Thursday, September 6, 2012

It seems that the only way I can really analyze myself is by noticing something I do physically and considering how that relates to what is going on in my head. Like diagnosing myself as anxious about Ł because I was sleeping poorly. Anyway.

One of the things I'm training myself to do, while I'm here in hill country, is to let myself go when running downhill. I love running hills, *love love love it*, and I really fucking miss hills when I leave here and return to Warsaw. But I mainly love the uphill. I have a real problem with lengthening my stride and taking advantage of gravitational pull on the way down. The moment that should be easiest turns into a fight against gravity to slow myself down, reduce acceleration, stem the flow.

So of course I wonder what this means, symbolically. Maybe: I am not afraid of doing the hard work to achieve something, that is certain. I'm not. But I am afraid of fulling reaping the benefits once I'm there. Or the letting go requires a faith that I don't have, that my legs will carry me, that I won't get overwhelmed by the downward pull and capsize. That uninhibited glee won't hurt me.

Alternatively, this is really just about me having weak hip flexors.

Anyway I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers