All about my inane ideas

Monday, September 10, 2012


On Sunday I had intended to spend the entire day lying on my couch, but the weather got nice so I was compelled to go over the hill to the other side of the island to watch the sunset.


What felt odd to me about this development is that in years past I have come here with such a dire need for decompression that I would spend, basically, the first 2 weeks of my stay here getting out of bed only for lectures. I would literally stay in bed for days, except for lectures. It is sickening to think how horribly fucking burnt out I was. So I had anticipated, based on previous experience, enjoying staying in all day. But I didn't.

Of course, the corollary to this experience is this: I can't even follow the simplest laid plans. Distracted from a careful, honest, legitimate agenda by the SUN?! It's not like that phenomenon can be observed every day or anything. Sheesh. It'll be no wonder if I don't get tenure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers