All about my inane ideas

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Here are some reasons I won't invite You for a job interview:

1. You send me attachments without a word of salutation.
2. You send me email without a subject line.
3. Your email *does* include a salutation, and it is followed by 3 exclamation marks.
4. You send me a CV with the filename "cv.doc". Do You think Yours is the only CV I'm going to get? Do you want me to be able to find it easily?
5. You write to me an hour after the ad is posted online asking "Is the job still open? Do I have a chance?" without attaching any information about Yourself.
6. There are typos in Your email. Sometimes even in Your name.
7. You write to me from an email address like "muchomorekcaluje@....".
8. You write to me from Your current employer's email.
9. You want a job as a computer programmer.
10. You send me a full-body pic. Come ON.
11. You send me Your CV twice within several minutes from two different job listing sites. I'm on the fence about this one, actually.
12. Your CV weighs 21MB. WTF?
13. Your only work experience is as a gas station attendant.
14. Your CV is written in about 6 different fonts, and not even with any kind of consistency. WHAT were You thinking?

These are just some of the reasons. Remember, People! Your current behaviour is the best predictor I have of Your future behaviour. And it's what I'm using to judge You.

2 comments:

  1. * I think (4) is petty.

    * "weighs" is a great choice of verb
    (photo probably hasn't been scaled down properly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ad (4): Really? You think it would be OK for a secretary to send out documents to clients with filenames like "contract.doc"? I really think not. It's an important indicator of perspective-taking, I think. And organizational skills.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers