All about my inane ideas

Friday, March 13, 2009

I wish there was a good word in English for "rozczulić". "To be moved" is too serious. I want something a tiny bit patronizing, but mostly something indicating emotional endearment. Ł suggested something with tender, which made me think of tenderize, which would be funny but isn't true.

So anyway, my HH instructor rozczulił mnie this week. That is, he "made me feel tender towards him", ha. He was asking me about what other kinds of things there are at the store where I annually get him gigantic garish T-shirts (Marshall's on 125th) and I suggested that instead of having me do his shopping perhaps he should plan a trip to NYC himself, so that instead of elaborate digital-photo-boot-shopping scenarios he could just, You know, see it live. He was surprised at the (relatively) low cost (thank the crisis for low ticket prices) and then asked if I "had people" in the city. When I said yes, he seemed to interpret that as an automatic declaration of their support for him, should he go. It was sort of like a presumption that one would make about family, or really close friends. It was sort of adorable. It was like: "We're family, we take care of our own." Even though we barely know one another. It's like we're in the mob. I got connections. They'll hook You up, yeah. Plus the implicit communication that he would need help. Who suspected he'd admit to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers