All about my inane ideas

Friday, May 29, 2009

I've agreed to do this university radio show on psychology (archives available online [log in as guest][warning: in Polish!]) and I'm listening to past programs to get a sense of what it's like. I'm invited to talk about sexism. They did a show on stereotypes & prejudice with one of my colleagues (totes not bad) and one on "the psychology of women" --> which I am listening to right now and which is driving me stark raving BONKERS!!! It's all about PMS and sexuality. GodDAMN. Does woman HAVE to = bodily functions? Can You imagine a show on "the psychology of men" focussing exclusively on wet dreams and premature ejaculation? FFS. DO WE NOT HAVE A MENTAL LIFE. For God's sake. I should have known, the title itself should have been warning enough. Oh, and here come the eating disorders!!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Show would have been more comprehensive if they had included Uncalled-for Fits of Jealousy and Taking One Hour To Choose A Shirt When Going Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when the host asks me for examples of sexism I have encountered recently I'm going to have to mention that episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, I won't say that men are more likely than women to have PMS or eating disorders, but the Fits of Jealousy? The taking hours to prepare for going out? My heavens.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers