All about my inane ideas

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I do not cease to be amazed at how bad at conversation men on Polish dating sites are. They will just keep sending messages to which there is no natural follow-up or response, and I have to sit here considering whether it is worth my time to think up some supernatural follow-up or response to keep the interaction going or just let it go. Because I want to prove to myself that I'm making an effort, I often choose the former path, which gives me the opportunity to be repeatedly amazed by this phenomenon. Basically, they write to me with a compliment and then *I* have to woo *THEM* if we are going to get past how pretty my smile is.

3 comments:

  1. Man, so I have been corresponding with this one guy since this morning who is really offended that I don't want to go on a first date to his house to play darts. He says that safety principles don't apply to him and he has no idea where I got this notion of meeting in a public place and if I keep to these regulations we'll just never meet.

    YEAH NO KIDDING BUDDY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is obviously very proud of his aim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man. I think the thing is that they are all so rejection-sensitive. I write back in a pleasant/neutral tone and get "Why are you offended?" or "Why don't you want to give me your phone number?? What's your problem?" as if it is completely unnatural to interpret someone's communication in the BEST possible light, when one can interpret it in the WORST. Jesus. Plus, of course, the stereotype of women as irrational indirect communicators.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers