All about my inane ideas

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I never really thought about categorizing people this way before M said it about himself this summer, but once he had I emphatically came to feel that I'm a view kind of person. I completely dig having a view. And that's an understatement because I can't phrase it strongly enough. It's not, as M said, really a matter of taking advantage of what the view shows (spending time in the park out the window, or swimming in the lake, or climbing the mountain, or even looking out so much). It's more a matter of having prospects. Knowing that I have the space to expand should the need arise. It's good for my mental comfort. It's one of those aspects of the physical environment (like clean air) that turns out to be crucial to my positive state of mind but I don't really notice it until I'm in it and I realize that I've been feeling not quite right all this time (like, months) because it hasn't been around. And I've felt constrained even though nothing is actually constraining me. I wonder if everyone is like this, actually.

1 comment:

  1. Hard to say! Although at first blush I thought you mean "view" as in "opinion", hah.

    My view as you may recall is pretty bad. And so is my office view. This doesn't bother me, because I'm basically just looking at the screen.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers