All about my inane ideas

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Here's what I thought of that meeting on Friday: If You call a meeting to discuss things related to my job, it's a work meeting. Even if it takes place at someone's home in the evening. It's work. It's not an informal chat. It's work. It should not, therefore, come as a surprise that I expect the other people attending the meeting to take it seriously. I realize that I am the only one responsible for anything, and I get that that is why people took a more informal perspective -- OK, fine, it's not their work. They can sit around and rant or gossip and not write anything down and no one will hold them accountable for what is said. *I* am the one held accountable. Because it is my work. I spend all fu&king day thinking about this sh%t. It is in no way relaxing or pleasant for me to come to a meeting about my work. My work stresses me the f*ck out. It is in no way relaxing or pleasant for me to come to a meeting to which most people are 30-60 minutes late and no one but me seems to be task-oriented. OK, I happen to be strenuously overcommitted right now, in the midst of a month of trying to complete a mountain of grievously overdue tasks, I am not at all in a position to be people-focussed, and yes, if I had time to spare I would be reacting differently. But either way: I don't think it is fair to expect me to have time to spare. I think my time is precious. I don't waste Your time. Because I also think Your time is precious. That's the thing.

1 comment:

  1. Well it's too bad that that happened. But FTR I don't think my time is that precious. It's more my energy that's precious.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers