All about my inane ideas

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The only real way to get fired from my job is to neglect getting one's periodical medical exams done. Once every three years they want to make sure that the tools I need to perform my work are functional. That is, my throat, and my eyes. So I get sent to the university medical service to get tested. Usually this means they take a look at me and stamp a note. Anyway, I got this referral to get these tests done after 3 years of work, so it must have been in February 2008. I went to the medical service to set these appointments and got the actual tests done, but I never returned to get the appropriate stamp from the occupational medicine doctor on the main campus. When health services visited the Faculty this fall they found many oversights on the part of our administration in terms of keeping track of employee health. I received an emphatic note from the Dean saying I have to get these papers in order pronto. So I decided to hunt down the various stamped slips of paper I had received and called to make an appointment. While I was on the phone with the receptionist at university medical services, I asked if these tests lose validity after some period of time, because I'm not sure when I actually got them done but it was a while ago. She checked, and started laughing and laughing. Because the last time I thought about all this stuff was, apparently, on 30 December 2008.

1 comment:

  1. dear sweet lord. I promise to never ever again complain about norwegian bureaucracy.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers