All about my inane ideas

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I went to get a pedicure today. The colour on my toes is "Italian Love Affair" which is a colour I wore once before in about 2002 (for some reason my memory contains almost no autobiographical details but the name of every colour I've ever worn on my toes*) when I was ga-ga over an Italian economics grad student who, after completing his degree, got a job in Turkey, which I thought would suit his cigarette-smoking habit wonderfully. So, anyway, "Italian Love Affair" is a very point-blank pink colour. I like it very much, but I really was looking for something darker or more purple in tone. But the overwhelmingly many polish bottles were all set on backlit shelves that my hungover self could not possibly face for too long. Plus I started knocking bottles over as I browsed. Then I decided that my hungover self that should perhaps not follow my hungover self's instincts too much today.

* You remember, perhaps, "Need a Vacation"? I considered that colour too. "Feelin' Hot-hot-hot"? "Sweetie Pie"? SwojÄ… drogÄ…, nail polish colours are the most punny realm of "creative writing" I've ever seen. "Eiffel for this colour"? "Bastille my heart"? "Shootout at the OK Coral"? Some writer is really self-actualizing with these.

2 comments:

  1. I feel inspired. By the implicit heavy drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personal favorites: 'No prenup' and 'My place or yours?'

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers