All about my inane ideas

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A selection of winter poems

.. written by my Intro students as a bonus on their midterm.

I.
Once again life laid bare
Chill winds descend upon me,
light and then shadow.

II.
People freezing, people sneezing
Winter is finally here.
Trees are glowing, and it's snowing
Winter is finally here!
Bells are ringing, Christmas singing
Winter is finally here!
Snow is falling, people in it crawling,
Winter is finally here
And Christmas is really really near!

III.
"The winter has home!"
said my mom.
I'm looking outside,
"Damn, she's right!"
No winter tires, no money too
And I think I'll have the flu.

IV.
Silent cries reverberating
through the freezing white.
Its cold, skeletal fingers
surrounding you, attempting
to steal this shy intimacy
hidden in your shadow.
The clutches reaching deeper and deeper,
silent, emotionless.
In this wintery void
standing naked
you feel nothing but shame.

V.
Winter is here,
I want to see a deer
I was writing too long, instead I went for a beer.
Outside the trees are covered in snow
I feel so low.
I went home, wanted to have a coke with straws
and to my surprise I found Santa Claus!

VI.
It's snowing, the wind is blowing
Christmas comes nearer, everything seems clearer
Put on your warm clothes and don't get a red nose!

VII.
Snow is covering
all our mistakes.
Hope it will cover
this one too.

VIII.
Midwinter wrongs the rites of spring
Its icy chill rakes the earth
As pensive lives with hope do think
of summer's warming rebirth.

IX.
Ho, ho, ho
We all see the snow.
Let us go for a walk
with the dog.
People feel the Christmas flow,
so all are sayin'
yo, yo, yo.
Children are playin' in the snow,
the parents are singing still the flow
Soon the winter is over
then the sun will shine.

X.
Ground of chaos is once again covered by pureness,
Sign of living has lost its traits,
In this utter whiteness.
Behold, the piercing wind that slices the peace in half,
Like the coldness that separated two passionate hearts from love.
The tranquility created by the snow.
Is it covering truth,
Or is it covering lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers