All about my inane ideas

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Today it's M's turn.

M is by virtue of being my older brother one of the formative influences of my life, in giving me a sense of self-assurance and capability and security of self-expression. He is very nurturing and caretaking, and he without a doubt gave me more confidence as a child than I would have otherwise had, in navigating my social and physical environment. Because we moved a lot, he was the steady anchor that allowed me to wander with comfort that someone was not only beside me but in front of me, and, if need be, behind me. He has grown up to be such a rock of certitude. Unimaginably civically responsible, honourable, principled, idealistic. But also profoundly thoughtful. Does not let himself accept idle whimsies, intuitions, as truth. Considers, evaluates, concludes. Has masterful, no exaggeration, proficiency in the Polish language. Crafts sentences and arguments in a way that makes them clear without loss of nuance. That is no piece of cake, Dear Readers. I am having a deja vu experience as I write this. I must have thought about this a lot before. It is extremely important for me to mention, here, that the work he does, professionally, is nation-building. It is norm-changing. It is refocussing our attention, as citizens and individuals, from what is salient to what is integral. That, I think, is something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers