All about my inane ideas

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Today some friends came over to give me an invitation for their wedding.* We weren't going to meet up, but they happened to be on their way home while I was on my way home (after 10pm) and they suggested that they drop by, and I was, like, perhaps You would prefer to meet on more neutral ground? And they were like, No, we really don't mind stopping by Yours, and I was like, My place isn't really adjusted for guests just now, and they were like, We really don't mind.

So my question is this: How much more blatant could I be with my "I don't want You stopping by right now, because while it might not bother You to see my apt in its current state, it will SERIOUSLY BOTHER ME for You to see it so"? Jeez. People. TAKE. THE. HINT.

* this is not an integral part of the story/rant, but Polish people tend to give wedding invitations in person. It's like a whole thing. I don't understand why. The postal service really is not that bad. It must be some courtesy thing, but really, there is such drama surrounding delivering the goddamn invitation I would just as soon find it in my mailbox next time.

(Next time! ha ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers