All about my inane ideas

Friday, May 14, 2010

My 200th post! Welcome to it! It's not a treat:

I read a few things about facebook privacy today, and while I've been pretty vigilant about most settings, this was an opportunity to go in and explore what things that should be (un)checked weren't, so I did. And for some reason something happened that made my profile all differently structured than I wanted it to be. Maybe this just happened with everyone's profile when they did that change from "fan pages" to "liked pages" or whatever, but in any case I had to remove all my likes and interests because I had written "I don't watch TV, but when I do I'm a news junkie" and so fucking facebook linked my profile to 2 separate "pages" that were supposed to reflect this preference: the "I don't watch TV" page, which was populated I'm sure by people who are nothing like me at all, and the "when I do I'm a news junkie" page, which was populated by me and one other person. Same thing with "the kind with rhythm and melody" statement I had written under "musical preferences". Goddamn, I don't want to be linked to a page called "the kind with rhythm" for fuck's sake. And a "melody" page. Is facebook really that intent on uniformizing their users?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers