All about my inane ideas

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Admissions Interviews, Day 3*

Q: So, since You haven't really had any contact with psychology in the past, why is it that You want to study it?
A: Well, I know that many people who come to interview don't know what psychology really is, but I KNOW that for the first two years it is mainly mathematics!


* On Day 2 nothing really funny happened. Except maybe this, more sad than funny:

Q: You don't seem to have much of an idea of what psychology is. Have You applied to any other programs?
A: Yes, I have applied to the Warsaw University of Technology.
Q: For what program?
A: Aeronautical engineering.
Q: So, on the one hand, aeronautical engineering, on the other hand, psychology....?
A: Well, my father wants me to go to the University of Technology, my mom wants me to go to psychology.
Q: What do You want?
A: (long silence)
...
(interview littered with long silences)
...
[candidate exits]

Q: What are we supposed to assign points for? Quality of silence?

2 comments:

  1. What happened to the rest of the interview days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are only 3 days of interviews, but 2 committees. I don't think I have to convince anyone that one committee had trouble maintaining sanity through >5 days of interviews....

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers